Sunday, June 6, 2010

Very Determined Girl

Guess who this is? 


On Friday Sarah got out of  the pool and began to cry. She was very upset. Why? She was frustrated because she wanted to swim and she just wasn't able to. (my heart was just breaking for her) I reminded her it might be easier to try swimming underwater. She had practiced holding her breath underwater and holding the side as she swam. So I knew she could if she could get the left side of her body under control. That is the side of her body she has the apraxia. I know when she puts her mind to it she can. I was also holding her tummy and having her bring her legs up and she would practice kicking. She discovered she could do that by herself with the noodle. So this sweet girl practiced and practiced every time she was in the pool. Everyday last week I watched her practice. Saturday I went to lunch with a friend. DH told me they only swam for 45 minutes. 

On Sunday she got in the pool and just started swimming!
  Brought me to tears.
      
Check this girl out..... already jumping in!!!
Sarah, you amaze us! 
We are so proud of you!
Nothing is going to hold you back!
  

8 comments:

  1. *Tears* Oh I am so excited and happy for her! I KNOW how hard she must have worked to be able to swim. She will only continue to get strong and swimming is a great therapy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love her determination! How proud she must feel with her success! And a proud moment for her mom as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Sarah!!! This summer promises to be a memorable one in many ways I'm sure... Rejoicing with all of you over this great victory. I also love the image of Sister jumping in the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy! What a precious moment caught for you to treasure forever! Your family is so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Sarah! I love her determination. Can't believe how much older looking Jaden is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome - she's a strong young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's amazing! So wonderful to hear stories like this! Congrats! Leda www.funds4faith.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So proud of Sarah! Looks like the girls are having an awesome summer. Tell your family hi from us!

    ReplyDelete