Friday, October 30, 2009

Three Years Ago Today

I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I took you in my
arms three years ago. At the sweet age of 18 months. Our
lives were changed forever and for the better. You had
the most curious eyes as you looked at us. My heart
just melted with the love the Lord had already placed
in my heart for you that has grown ever more deeply
each day we spend with you.
Jaden, you have brought such joy and laughter and
yes even a few sleepless nights into our lives. I thank
my Father in heaven everyday for the
beautiful gift He has given us in you.






Monday October 30, 2006
3:00 pm
Gotcha Day

Not so sure about all of these strange people.



I know you were afraid and didn't know what to think.
After our first night the very next morning around 10:00 am
we went back to the Civil Affairs office and your nanny was there
she put her hands out for you and you went to her and then looked
at me and then her a couple of times and put your arms out to come
back to me. My heart leaped with joy and I new our Father above was
answering many prayers for you to start bonding so quickly.
Yes, from that day forward you attached to me. I couldn't even go
to the bathroom alone. You became my little cling on and I wouldn't
have changed it for the world. Poor daddy had to wait patiently as you
slowly warmed up to him. When you did I was thrilled and to this day
love watching you both enjoy each other. May you learn from your
daddy's love how much our Father in heaven truly loves you.

Italic

At the medical exam in China. A much happier little girl.
After many kisses from mommy, mommy received her
first kiss in China while I was laying on the floor playing
with you.


Tonight we went to a little Chinese restaurant to celebrate.
Jaden loved the noodles! She commented, " They were the
best she'd ever had."
Then she told us we don't know how to eat them right and
proceeded to slurp them down!

We love you Jaden
you have been such
a blessing from God.
We have been blessed
beyond measure.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 3 years of blessed JOY that Jaden has brought your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gotcha day picture cracks me up with all those cameras . . . the wolfes and woodruffs had you covered:-) (Stan took our gotcha day video for us)!!
    What a blessing jaden is to you! i'm so thankful for this wonderful journey called adoption!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our Gotcha Day memories. The added and unexpected blessing was getting to share them with our 222 folks. He is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet and truly a blessing! Praying for your TA!!

    ReplyDelete