Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Glimpse

I was looking at this butterfly, amazed when it spread its wings and I saw the beauty inside. 
It reminded me of what the Lord had showed me this past summer. I was struggling over the special needs of our daughter we are in the process of adopting. I started seeing these very strange and plain looking little brown
butterflies. They flew around constantly. Then one day one landed right by me and as it's 
wings fluttered open ever so slightly I caught
a glimpse of a beautiful bright orange. A glimpse just wasn't enough! I wanted to see more.......
The Lord spoke to my heart and told me
He was showing me a glimpse of our daughter's inner beauty.


 If you pour yourself out to the hungry and
satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then 
shall your light rise in the darkness and your 
gloom be as the noon day and the Lord will guide you continually.
Isaiah 58:10,11




Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; 
maintain the right of the afflicted and the
destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy.
Psalm 82:3,4


When I asked Angela from ladybugsnlove to pick a jade necklace
to send our daughter for her 13th birthday.  A few days later she sent
a picture of the jade BUTTERFLY necklace she picked out and wanted
my approval. I new it was totally the Lord!!!

I never noticed the sign in the first pic until now. :) Something so many of us relate to in adopting as God grows us and teaches us so much while we WAIT on His perfect timing.

Blessings,
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Kathy. How wonderful that God is blessing you and drawing you closer to him as you wait for your beautiful Piper. Such a lovely confirmation that you are the Mom she needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "wait" sign. So true, so true.

    ReplyDelete