Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Year Ago







My sweet Piper,


Has it been a year already since I have seen
your precious face and  felt the nudging in
my heart from His Holy Spirit? Everyday
I am drawn back to your picture as I pray for 
you and His will in our lives.
I knew from the moment I saw you that you
were a gift from our Father above, 
our beautiful daughter.
You see, a year earlier your dad, little sister
and I were all swimming and I saw four
beautiful butterflies fluttering and dancing
all around us as we were in the pool. 
I knew right then that our family wasn't 
complete, we had another daughter waiting
in China. His hands would guide the way and
open the doors to His precious child that He
alone had chosen for us.
So, my sweet precious girl, please know we
haven't forgotten you. We are busy working
our way to you. I pray that you feel our Father's
loving arms around you as He comforts you
and fills you with His peace that surpasses 
all understanding. I found this poem that 
says it all so well........


Kisses in the wind, I hold you in my heart and 
touch you in my dreams. You are here each day
with me, at least that's how it seems.  I know you
wonder where we are...... What's taking us so long?
But remember, child, I love you so and God will 
keep you strong. Now go outside and feel the
breeze and let it touch your skin........... because
tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in 
the wind. May God hold you in His hand 
until I can be with you. I promise you, 
my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, 
not just pretend. But for tonight, just as always,
I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you
very tight. And let the angels bring the kisses 
that I send to you each night.


Author unkown



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy

    Your words before the poem were beautiful - gave me chills as I read it. Soon Piper...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you are obedient to listen to the Lord's prompting on your heart - you are a blessed family!

    ReplyDelete